Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Sunday, December 5, 2010

Humbled by God's Love

Today was just one of those days where I could see and feel God in places that many may not on a day to day basis.  Today I had to do something that I do not like doing at all but I did it with the courage God gave me, and it made me a positive experience. I felt God through that entire meeting giving me the words to say, keeping myself accountable, and allowing myself to be open and honest.  God has given me a gift and heart for children and I love them with everything I have to give.  I felt God move in my Pre-K classroom today... through a hug from a little boy with a big smile on his face, to rocking a precious baby girl to sleep in my arms and looking at her and knowing God made her just the way she is.

I also got to experience the overwhelming joy of watching people from our church get baptized today.  It was incredible to watch a 6 year old, a college student and a middle aged man show their love for God without hesitation and it overwhelmed my heart.  God is definitely moving in me and I can feel it.  When I look at children in our church all I can do is smile and know that God holds all of them in His hands and has a special plan for each one of them.  I pray in the days, weeks, months and years to come I live out God's plans for my life and help impact and change the lives of children for the kingdom of Christ.  I have a gift, an incredible gift, one that I would never give up.  The gift of loving on an innocent precious child is one of the most incredible things that demonstrates God's incredible love with just one hug or smile.

I hope everyone was blessed today and saw God's love in one way or another!

"God your love never ceases to amaze me."

No comments:

Post a Comment