Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Sunday, April 17, 2011

Busy Bee Weekend

WOW this weekend has been jammed packed.  I seriously do not know how I have made it through this weekend.  Let's start with Thursday, since that is where all the craziness began. I started the morning with class (which I was just a tad late to, thanks to traffic), then once I was finished I had an extra credit service project thing until about 3:00 and then I had to work some more on a group project.  Once this was all complete, I left TCU and headed back home.  I then had to go to the chiropractor to be adjusted (since life has been so busy I have not been in forever).  Once this was done, I stopped by a sweet friends to pick up some things and then ended up chatting for quite a while because I seemed to have a lot to talk about that I needed her to listen to and give advice.  Once this wonderful chat was over, I headed to my sweet friend Beth's for a good friends baby shower.  Paula was such a beautiful glowing mom and Jocelyn was a doll-- love them both to pieces.  Once the shower was over, I had to hurry home and get packed for the mini trip Reagan and I were going to take to college station to see his mom and brother.  We left at about 8:45 on Thursday night and did not get there until about 11:30 and then we hung out and stayed up entirely past my bedtime... 3:45 am to be exact-- I was so exhausted.  I got very little sleep that night because I was uncomfortable and not in my own bed... I am weird like that-- I hope other people are too.  Friday was filled with errands with his mom and brother and just catching up on life.  I also got to experience a fabulous Aggie ring ceremony for one of Reagan's brothers friends so that was definitely an awesome experience for me (since I was raised an Aggie since my father graduated from there). Once the ring ceremony was over we headed to a Mexican restaurant (highly mediocre-- I do not know what I expected from a Mexican restaurant in Bryan College Station-- to say the least they have not mastered good Mexican food!) for an early dinner and then once this was done Reagan and I got back on the road to come home.  It was a short trip but we were glad we got to see his mom and brother all day on Friday.


Beautiful Paula and Jocelyn-- loved celebrating them and their new beginning on Thursday night.  Jocelyn was recently adopted by Paula and her sweet hubby -- these wonderful parents and their three kids are loving every minute with their new baby sister... what an incredible blessing God has given them! (PS: the picture was taken by a great friend... her name is Katie-- you should check out her photography...Katie&Matt photography)

This is my awesome Women's bible study who helped put on the shower for Paula and Jocelyn-- love all these women to pieces :)

Now, lets move to Saturday.  I had to be up at 6:30 am to go to the 5K zoo run that I signed up for with my community group.  When the alarm went off I was definitely regretting my decision (especially since Reagan and I did not get home until 11:30 on Friday night).  Though, I forced myself out of bed-- threw on my jogging clothes and headed to my sweet friend Julie's house since she was doing the race too.  On Saturday morning it was definitely chilly-- so Julie and I questioned multiple times what we had gotten ourselves into.  Though, once we got to Fort Worth we were so glad to see people from our church community group. I am proud to say that Julie and I ran over half way during the 5K and then speed walked the rest of the way... so definitely not bad for our first 5K and I was proud of our small accomplishment.  Also, I was so proud of our friends Matt and Katie who have been training for a 5K together and they ran the entire way... SO AWESOME!!  Once the race was over, Julie and I headed home.  I had homework to do and a couples wedding shower at 4pm.  I got very little homework done by the time I had to be showered and ready to head back to Fort Worth.  The wedding shower was beautiful, and after that was complete I headed home to go on a date with my sweet hubby.  We went to Olive Garden for dinner and then went to see the movie, Lincoln Lawyer (good movie).  I cherished our date last night because they seem to be few and far between lately, so I was so glad we got to spend time together!! :)

Julie and I before the Zoo 5K race-- we were so cold!!

Julie and I after the race-- we were High-fiving because we had just completed our first 5K together!!

On to Sunday... Reagan and I had to be up by 7:20 am to get ready for church.  It was definitely a struggle for me to get out of bed (I require so much sleep lately).  Once at church, we helped set up for the service and got things ready to go. After service, we had lunch with a youth couple who are helpers for the youth.  It was so nice to visit with them and hear their encouraging words they had for us.  Once the lunch was over, we drove as fast as we could to meet our friends Brad and Julie to head to the Warrior Dash that Reagan and Brad were competing in.  They had an absolute blast, did a great job in the race and will definitely do it again!  So proud of my hubby... he did such a great job at the race!

Brad and Reagan before the race-- Brad decided to not show his awesome costume yet!!

All the guys after the race-- absolute filth, but they had a blast doing the race and obstacle courses!


To say the least, this weekend has been a jammed pack.  Sorry for such the long post-- just so much happened this weekend that I wanted to remember.  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I am off to finally rest-- I deserve it after this crazy weekend.


"God thank you for the blessings of friends you have given us in our life-- thank you for all the laughs they brought us this weekend; we are so grateful for the loving people you have placed in our lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment