Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hallelujah, He is Risen!!

Sitting in church today celebrating my Jesus and all that He has done for me absolutely amazed me.  Knowing that He came to earth fully man who mingled with many, but who was also the Son of God who performed miracles, and shared with others and walked with his disciples daily just amazes me.  My Jesus died on the cross for me so that He could pay for my sins and then He rose from the grave... I am amazed by the price He paid just for me... so incredible! It amazes me that part of his prophecy was that, "Christ would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations." Luke 24: 46 (what an INCREDIBLE gift)!!!
This morning we sang "Oh Glorious Day" such a beautiful song. At one point in the song I had my hands raised so high crying out to Jesus holding back tears so tightly.  My prayer is that one day when Jesus comes the ones I love will get to spend Eternity with me and my Lord in Heaven.  God really laid on my heart this morning while singing this song that the only way to do that is to share His love and the impact He has had in my life.  I am truthfully nothing without my God and each day I have to cry out to Him for His help and guidance.  My prayer is that through my life not my will is shown but the will of my Father; for I am nothing without Him and I pray that through my life He can reach multitudes for His kingdom so that we can all rejoice and celebrate together what He has done for us.  His gift was like no other; He died on the cross just for us so that we could have life in Him... such a special gift that I rejoice over because I am a daughter of Christ and there is no better gift than that!!

So with all that said, Today I celebrated that He is risen!

"On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’" Then they remembered his words. -- Luke 24: 1-8

I hope everyone had a glorious day celebrating all that God has done for us; because He gave us the ultimate gift-- and for that I will be forever grateful!!

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die" -- John 11:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment