Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Friday, April 22, 2011

Words & Good Friday

Lately I have been realizing how powerful WORDS really are.  They can either be used to lift someone up or tear someone down.  Words are spoken in a time of comfort and a time of joy.  Each day we all say so many words, but do we ever stop and think before we speak?  I know I am at fault so many times for speaking before thinking, and that is when people end up getting hurt the most.  A devotion I read a couple of weeks ago had this scripture tied to it that I have been meditating over.  The scripture says: "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer" -- Psalm 19:14. Over these past couple of weeks this scripture has been my prayer because many times I speak before I think and that does not always bring Glory to God... which is so shameful but yet such a true reality.  So, I have been choosing each day how to use my words with others... choosing to let me mouth speak the truth and be a light for God; some days I have done great and others I have failed (all part of being a human that sins).  I have really been focusing on this because I have been hurt by words and I know others have been hurt by my words; so I want to make sure that everything I say and do brings God all the glory -- so the first place to start for me would be with my words.  Whether it has been a good or bad day, I want the words I speak to others to be a reflection of Christ, I want to bring Him all the glory because He has done so much for me.

So just food for thought, how are you using your words?  Are they bringing honor to God or tearing down the people of His kingdom?

Tonight, we have a Good Friday service at our church.  I am looking forward to it, even though my allergies are driving me crazy (Texas weather needs to decide what it is doing)!!  I am ready for the Holy Spirit to fill me tonight.  I want to stand in awe amazed for what my God did for me.  He was crucified for my sins so that I could have life in Him... that is the most amazing gift I have been given and I do not want to overlook how precious it is.  So tonight, my prayer is that God gives me peace and a heart to feel Him because more than ever I need to experience His grace and overflowing love.  Thank you Lord for dying for me so that I could be your daughter; I am so humbled by your love.

"Living He loved me, Dying He saved me, Buried He carried my sins far away, Rising He justified, Freely forever, One day He's coming, Oh, Glorious Day, Oh, Glorious Day..." - "Oh Glorious Day" by Jeff Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment