Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Monday, April 4, 2011

A simple phone call

I had 2 sweet ladies in my life today call me on the phone just to talk and make sure everything was okay with me.  Seriously, these 2 ladies probably did not know how much these phone calls would mean to me when they made them.
The first one was from my best friend, Hannah.  Her and I talk on the phone all the time, but this weekend had been so busy we really didn't chat much via text or phone.  So as soon as I left the gym this morning and saw that I had a missed call from her, my face just lit up.  She is my one person that I know I can talk to about anything and this morning I definitely needed to just talk, and hear her laugh and her voice; it is so nice having that special person in your life.
The second phone call was from a sweet lady at church that runs our women's ministry team.  I also had a missed call from her once I left the gym this morning.  Her voicemail definitely brightened my day, and the true genuine spirit of her just calling to check on me and see how things were going was definitely what I needed.  I find it so amazing how God just places people on your heart at a certain time when the other person needs it the most.  Just being able to follow up with her and know that she is praying for me, definitely means a lot to me with everything Reagan and I have on our plates right now.
I definitely appreciate the love of these two women, and am very grateful for the support they have provided and the prayers they have said for me.

For those of you who are wondering... I still have not heard back from Gladney about the job I interviewed for.  I heard the hiring process takes some time with this company so I am still waiting patiently (somewhat) to see if I got the job or not.  So I will definitely keep you all posted on the status of the job, for some of you the wait is killing you just as much as it is killing me!

I ask that during this week if Reagan or I come to your mind please pray for us.  Reagan's youth group has a big youth event this weekend, and just please pray that the hearts of these students are molded and changed the way God needs them to be.  Also, I ask that you also pray for Reagan and I as we walk forward in making some decisions for our lives.  We both believe that prayer is a very powerful thing, so we would appreciate all the prayers we can get!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and is enjoying this crazy spring weather (the wind is blowing so hard here in Texas)!!

Off to studying I go and then night class... Believe me, I am counting down the days until I walk across the stage... It is getting so CLOSE!! :)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -- Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment