Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

In a funk

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you just don't feel like yourself?  You are a little on edge, a little moody and would rather be by yourself then with a bunch of people??  Well I am having one of those weeks... I am tired, feel like I need a break (maybe from life) and quite frankly I feel like punching a boxing bag would feel really good right now.
I am not sure why I am in this funk... maybe because I had some great interviews (one in particular that went wonderfully) but things are going slower than I want them to and I haven't heard back from anyone and I am not sure what the next step is.
Or it may be that my husband is gone all week (for work) and I miss him, but before he left we were kinda in a bickering mood about random stuff and now all I want is him to be back in San Antonio so I could at least see him (and a hug from him would definitely brighten my mood).
It could also be the fact that I have just been a "debbie downer" about what will happen with my life and the negativity has finally caught up to me and smacked me in the face... so I have found myself praying even harder for God to give me a peace of heart and mind that everything will work out -- even though it doesn't feel like it right now.
Honestly I just don't know what the root of this funk is... all I know is I want it gone now!
I have so many things to be grateful for and I have been praising God for all the things that bring me joy, but Satan is definitely using the things that are question marks in my life to bring me down-- not just a little but a lot.
So, as I finish this post I am making a promise to myself that I will not allow Satan to use the weaknesses in my life right now and keep me in this funk.  I will praise my God who has blessed me with wonderful things and rejoice in the ways God is moving in my life.
Satan you will NOT control my week-- my prayer is that when I begin to have negative thoughts I will refocus my thinking on the Lord and be in prayer that God will control my heart and thoughts... so hard to do at times but I need to be positive and grateful for all God has done and will do.
First start to getting out of this funk-- working out... I need to burn some negative energy!
Second start to getting this day on a better start is going to the mall with my mom and her best friend Kim.
Today things will be better, that was my prayer as soon as I woke up this morning... God give me joy in this day!

I hope everyone has had a better start to their week than I have!  Rejoice in the Lord always and lean on Him thru all things!

Isaiah 43:1-4 (from The Message Bible), "... Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.  I've called your name.  You're mine.  When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.  When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.  When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end --- Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior.  I paid a huge price for you: all of Egypt, with rich Crush and Seba thrown in!  That's how much you mean to me!  That's how much I love you!  I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you."

I am hiding this scripture in my heart because my God loves me this much... thru good and bad times my God always loves me. WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment