Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Sunday, June 26, 2011

Our First Weekend

We have a week in San Antonio complete... boy has it been a week.  We had a lot of unpacking to do at my parents house just so that we could get somewhat "comfortable" before we move into our townhouse July 15th.  Half way through trying to unpack things, I realized it was impossible in a small room and I quit and just tried to reorganize stuff... this plan kind of worked (so we shall see... my OCD may go crazy before we move out).  Reagan got settled at this new job and officially went on the payroll this past Thursday and played a game of golf Friday with his new co-workers... so overall it was a productive week for him.  He loves his new co-workers and feels like he is going to learn a lot from them.  I am excited to see him excel in his job... he is a natural born sales man, so I know he is going to do great!  As for me, I had three interviews this week that I think went really well... so just waiting to hear back from the companies and leaving the rest in God's hands that is all I can do!

Big things happened for us this weekend.... we had our first weekend together since we have been married... A whole weekend!  Not just a day or a couple of hours but all of Friday night, all Saturday and all Sunday... it was incredible to say the least.  There were times I could not believe we were actually getting to spend all this time together, but I could definitely get used to spending the time together!
On Friday night (after Reagan got home from work pretty late) we did dinner with my parents and then lounged at the house and by their pool... so relaxing!
Saturday morning, we woke up a little early and had breakfast together and then we got on the road to drive to Dallas; I bet you are all wondering why the heck we went back?!  We went back for our friends Justin and Caty who got married yesterday afternoon... they were in our church small group and we would not have missed it for the world!  It was wonderful to get to celebrate with them and watch them be so in love with each other... so happy for them!  After the wedding, we spent the night at Brad and Julie's and enjoyed every minute of chatting with them (so hard to tell them goodbye this morning... absolutely killed me, so we decided it would just always be a "see ya later"... which makes it just a little better, I guess).
Once we said goodbye this morning, we got on the road bright and early this morning (7:45 am to be exact).  I am definitely not a morning person, but we enjoyed having Whataburger breakfast together, listen to praise and worship music and then a Matt Chandler sermon... it was wonderful just to be able to hold hands together!  We made great time back to San Antonio, and since my family and my aunt and cousin were running late for lunch Reagan and I decided to stop in San Marcos at the Outlet Mall to get him some "Grown UP work clothes"!!  It was so fun shopping with him and just getting to hang out!  Once we made it back, we had lunch with the fam, then laid out by the pool and then finished the night off with a delicious pizza!  It made for a great weekend... so grateful for the little moments with my husband and the memories we are getting to make with family.  All I can say, is I can definitely get used to having my hubby home on the weekends... it is a wonderful thing that I definitely missed out on for a whole year; have to make up for lost time now and I love it!!! :)

I hope everyone enjoyed the moments they got to make with family and friends this weekend... I am definitely enjoying all my memories!

"Thank you Lord for the gift of love and being able to spend special moments with my husband... I am so grateful!"

No comments:

Post a Comment