Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A New Chapter.

All my life, I have been afraid of change... good or bad I have always been afraid.  Change for me is something that rocks my OCD/type A personality world and makes me feel so out of control.  Funny thing is through each season of life there is always change, and even though I feel so out of control my God is always with me... just so hard for me to wrap my mind around at times.

So to begin the story of the new chapter of our lives... let me just say it all started a little over two months ago when God really started stirring in Reagan's and my heart for a change in life-- I was very hesitant.  I am the girl who likes everything to stay the same (which never happens) and I am married to a boy who embraces change wonderfully.  So, when we started praying diligently a little over 2 months ago where God needed us to be to further His calling for our lives I got nervous.
I must say in the beginning when we started to pray I was very hesitant because I had no idea what God's response was going to be.  Though, the more I prayed with my husband and alone the more confident I was that God was going to do a work in us.  At times, I thought I knew the plan and would try to take 2 steps forward before God called and my heart would be so unsettled... obviously God knew He was a better planner of my life than I am!
So, we continued to both pray about our life and where God needed us because we wanted to be sure that we heard God loud and clear.  When God really moved in us to be open to anywhere I thought to myself "oh man who knows where we could end up!"  Though, as we continued to pray God began to open the doors for us back in our hometown... San Antonio, Texas.  At first I could not believe it... never in a million years did I think we would have the opportunity to move back and be living around our families... (Though, knowing we will be back there to pour into the lives of our youth brothers and see them grow up into great Christian men excites me so much!  I also get very excited just thinking about when Reagan and I start a family of our own a couple years down the road we will have our families support and help with our new addition... whenever that time may be... only God knows, but I must say I am definitely looking forward to that part of our lives and loving on a beautiful bundle of joy!) So, through this journey, the more we prayed for God to really reveal if this is where we needed to be the more at peace our hearts became and the more release we felt here in Dallas.  At first we couldn't believe it, but we both knew that we had to be obedient to God's calling and the opened doors He was providing us with.
Though, here is the bittersweet side of all this change... we are leaving the incredible friends we have met here and we are leaving our amazing student youth group.  This is what makes me so sad about this change... even though we are going to something so happy (I have wished for so long to be back close to our families) I am sad for what we are leaving behind here.  For me, saying "good-bye" is so hard... I just want to be able to say "see ya later" or "come visit lots and we will come back and visit too!!" Though, I know that God has brought us this far and He knows what is best.  Looking back over this season, there has been so many triumphs and tribulations and all of those happened for a reason... so beginning this new season I know there is a reason greater than we know of as to why God is calling us back to San Antonio.  My prayer through this journey, is that our youth group and friends see that through prayer God does answer ALL things in His own perfect timing and when He calls us somewhere else we must be diligent to honor Him and His kingdom.

So as friends and family, please be in prayer for us over the next couple of weeks.  We will be headed back to San Antonio on June 19th because Reagan's first day for his new job is June 20th.   I am still diligently searching for jobs in the San Antonio area and praying that God will provide me with such a wonderful opportunity (so if you know of any wonderful companies in this area I would love to hear about them)!! We are both very excited to see what God has in store for this new season of our lives and the people we will meet along the way!

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of itself." -- Matthew 6:34

2 comments:

  1. Aww this makes my heart hurt. I will miss you but I know God has big plans for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what exciting news! that's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete