Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What a day...

My day started off bright and early this morning... 7:30 a.m. to be exact.  I know for some this is not early but for me it is-- I need sleep and I love sleep (I could go to bed early and sleep in late... I require so much sleep it is crazy).  Whenever we decide to start having kids I better begin to prepare myself for sleepless nights a year in advance because I am going to be a zombie with all that lack of sleep!  LOL!
So, I bet you are all wondering why a girl like me who hates waking up early was up early?! ... I had an interview this morning.  I got dressed, got my professional dress going (I was rocking the look) and I was out the door.  Well I thought I was out the door until I got in my car and realized that I had no gas (I was on E and I had to drive 25 minutes across town in San Antonio... PROBLEM)!  So, I ran inside (in heels might I add) just a little frantic and woke up my mom... I think I freaked her out a little because she was in a dead sleep.  Luckily she let me borrow her car and I booked it to the interview... I ended up getting there early, just like I like it!  I had to fill out an application first and then the interview began... it made for a long morning because the interview was longer than I expected... so we shall see how that turns out!  After the morning interview, I made it back to my parent's side of San Antonio and had a quick lunch with my mom and then headed to my second interview of the day!  The second interview went wonderfully and I really enjoyed getting to talk with the lady who interviewed me!
When I got home from my second interview, my brain felt like absolute mush, so I headed to the grocery store with my mom so we could cook dinner together for the family tonight (one thing I absolutely love about being home)!  We made an awesome dinner together (chicken cordon blue, lemon garlic pasta, peas, asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, salad and rolls.... it was so yummy and there was also fresh fruit)!! It was so great to sit down and have a big dinner with the family... I have definitely missed those dinners!  After dinner, Reagan and I went to my littlest brothers basketball game.  He absolutely loved having us there-- it was written all over the huge smile he had on his face (and to top it all off, he made an awesome 3 point shot... so he was extra proud we were there and I was one proud sister)!!

All in all, today was a long but good day.  I was very grateful for the opportunity I was given to interview with these companies, and to end my day cooking with my mom, eating dinner with family and then going to watch my littlest brother play in his middle school summer league basketball game.  I am enjoying getting settled back in San Antonio and getting to spend time with family... making memories for sure!

Ps: Reagan had a great day at work today too.  He is still getting settled with his job, so his days are not normally how they will be in the future.  So he was at the office for a couple of hours doing paperwork and then he got to spend lunch and the afternoon with his Nana (he was one happy man)!  After his afternoon with his Nana, he got to hangout in our backyard at the pool with his brother and just talk... something I know he has definitely missed since we have been away.  I have been grateful for the downtime he has been given before he starts his job (which will be intense for the next couple of months with his training) and the time he is getting to spend with family... you can definitely tell he has missed them since we have been away and that he is trying to make up for lost time.  I am feeling so incredibly blessed that God has given us the opportunity to move back here and invest more time in our families... it is an absolute joy and blessing and we are so grateful!!

So, to wrap up this day... please be in prayer for me and that God would open whatever doors need to be open for the job I need to take.  I am seeking His wisdom and guidance for which job will be best for me, and I know He will provide.  Thank you in advance for all of your prayers.

"Not my will but yours oh God..."

No comments:

Post a Comment