Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cooking and Cleaning Cleanses the Soul

So today was get ready for camp day and organize; I was so ready to tackle this day!  The morning started off with me heading to Target to pick up some things for camp-- I needed sun screen, face wash, and a tooth brush cover.  Little did I know that my "quick trip" to Target would turn into an hour and a half of browsing.  Honestly, there is just something about Target and it pulls me in every time.  I got everything I needed on my list, but then I went and browsed at the clothes, shoes, jewelry, and then I was on a mission to find another book (that is all I do in the summer is read, so if anyone has some good books they have read let me know the titles!!).  I browsed the book isles for what seemed like forever and I thought I had found a good one but in the end I put it back because I had never really read anything by the author. Then, on my way out I got sucked in by the organizational isle and the pretty folders and notebooks-- seriously sometimes I feel like I have ADD in Target because I want to look at everything and I want one of everything!!
While I was picking the folders I wanted this year for school and my spirals my pastor's wife, Shannon ran into me-- not literally but we stopped and talked for a bit.  She was getting grocery items and I really couldn't say what I was getting since I had browsed so long and kinda forgot what my mission was... HAHA!

Once everything was bought, I headed home to organize.  I got this really cool grocery magnet thing that goes on the fridge-- it will be really helpful for Reagan because once he realizes we are out of something he can just put a check and how many of that item we need!  I love making it easier for him and easier on me when I go grocery shopping!!!  After hanging my cute little grocery list thingy I headed into the office to organize and go through my things.  I love throwing stuff away-- so cleaning and getting rid of stuff from last semester felt so good!  Once that chore was done I headed upstairs to my closet to sort through and organize my jewelry.  It has really been bugging me how cluttered it was-- so the job got done today and it looks beautiful-- all color coordinated and organized by style!

After my cleaning jobs where done, I was in the middle of folding Reagan's clean laundry when I decided I would pack for camp for him.  He has been busy at work all day today and I thought to myself this is the least I can do for my hubby to show how much I appreciate him.  So I packed pretty much everything I think he needs for camp--- from gym type clothes, to outfits for worship, to socks and undies, and a bathing suit for dirty games!  This was my give back to him, now all he has to do is put it in a bag and add what he needs!  I love my hubby and it felt good doing this for him!

Dinner is cooking as we speak-- whole wheat pasta topped with a tomato basil and mushroom sauce, baked chicken, peas and garlic bread!  Well my hubby is home now and it is time for us to enjoy dinner and relax!

"Simple things for others-- show leaps and bounds of LOVE."

No comments:

Post a Comment