Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Thursday, July 22, 2010

Season of Life

I am in this season of life that there are things I cannot wrap my mind around.  I do not understand how some people can choose to not help others when they are hurting or in need, or how life opportunities can pass us by each day in the blink of an eye. I do not understand how life can seem great on the outside, but on the inside it's a crazy ride.  I do not understand how one person can sacrifice everything they have to do good deeds and put their best efforts into something but never be thanked for all their hard work. 

Life is hard, and I am learning that more and more each day.  I am also learning that not every human is wired how I am.  That not everyone thinks, feels, and loves like I do.  For me, when I see someone in need I start praying for them immediately and my heart wants to help them as much as I can.  Lately, I have really been allowing God to use me for what He needs to use me for-- whether that is being a leader at church camp, opening up to the girls at youth group, or allowing myself to be vulnerable so that those around me can see that I have flaws and that I am bruised and broken but have prevailed because I have allowed God to carry me through.  I understand how important it is for people to have it all together for those they come in contact with but deep down they want to cry out and spill all their life problems.  Most of all I understand how following a dream can lead to disappointments and hurt.  I understand it all because I have walked through those valleys, and now more than ever I am in a season in my life where I want God to help me understand.  I want God to fill my valley full so that I can be standing on top of a mountain with the high points of life insight.

Though, what keeps me going each day to climb out of my valley and up the mountain is knowing that God understands EVERYTHING that is happening.  Also, God lets me know it is okay to grieve when I am troubled and sad, but that through all my tears, worry and concern He will bring me joy and fulfillment.
I know I do not have all the answers to life, or all the answers to my husbands questions but for today I am okay with not knowing --- because what I do know is that I have a husband who loves and adores me, a God who takes care of and meets my every need, and a family who is always there for me.
Life is complicated-- though I am realizing that I have to allow myself to experience hurt at times so that I can experience the overwhelming joys in life.  God never intended for life to be easy because if it was we would never turn to Him to have all our needs met-- THANK you Lord for being an All Mighty God.

This is the truth I am standing on today: GOD makes ALL things work together for my GOOD.



"Prayer: When Life Gets Too Hard to Stand, Kneel."

No comments:

Post a Comment