Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh Praise Him

So this morning I was dreading getting out of bed,  I still had that tired feeling in my body that I just couldn't shake.  Though when I finally made it out of bed then I dreaded putting on my workout clothes to go to the gym.  I am really not sure why I did not want to go this morning, but I just didn't.  When I made it down stairs I was in slow mode-- I could not get going, and I ate my honey nut cheerios even slower.  Once I was done, I read my devotional before the gym hoping that it would give me the motivation I needed.
The overall message for my devotional today was-- Take time to Praise God even in the busy day to day life.  I sat there and thought on this and was like hmmm how can I do this better and I really could not think of anything at the moment.  So I decided I needed to get my butty moving and head to the gym!

Once I got to the gym I stared at the treadmill with dread-- I did not want to get on.  Though in the back of my mind I was trying to think of how best I could give God my praise even when I am so busy and not in the best of moods.  So, I went to put my iPhone on Pandora-- and instead of it being on the hip- hop channel it is usually on for the gym, it was on one of my praise and worship stations.  I had changed the station the other day when I was watching Emmy and putting her to sleep, and I completely forgot that I hadn't changed it back to my workout station.

I decided to leave it on my praise and worship station--- and WOW what an encouragement.  Do you ever have those days where all the songs you hear God knew you needed to hear.  It was song after song on this Pandora station that I was like WOAH, it almost moved me to tears because even though I had had a not so "go get it attitude" this morning and wasn't really sure how to apply my devotion better to my life-- God knew and was like-- Ashley this is what I need you to hear right here and right now. It was in these moments that I felt like my devotion was coming to play in my life-- and even though I wanted to go full force at the gym to boost my energy God had other plans for how to FILL ME UP!  So as I was working out today I couldn't contain my smile because God was using those songs to move through me.  I was hoping that people around me could see that God had moved me from the inside out in just a matter of 15 minutes-- He is incredible.

The whole rest of my workout, I used that hour and thirty minutes to reflect and pray for the things that were on my heart.  To thank God for the things He has given me and my wonderful husband, and to push my worries and fears aside and tell God thank you for having my life in your hands.

God amazes me in the ways He works- or where He chooses to move my heart.  All in all, this morning ended up being one of the most incredible workouts I have had in a while.  God gave me that "pick me up" that I definitely needed from the time I rolled out of bed-- and couldn't get my mood or energy in check.  God you never cease to amaze me, thank you for knowing what I need for my life even when I don't.

So to say the least my mood has been boosted a 110% and I still have my christian Pandora station going-- The artist is Hillsong United for anyone who needs to be uplifted today.  The music on that station today has been incredible!  God you are good always, thank you for your new mercies everyday!!

I now need to make my way to the shower-- because I smell like sweat and disgustingness (if that is even a word, if not I made it up because that is definitely how I feel right now!).  After the shower, it is getting into camp mode.  I am NOT a last minute packer, so I need to start getting my stuff together today so that I can have time to go through my packing routine--- yes I am ridiculous but it's things and routines like this in my life that have kept me sane!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day-- and allows their hearts to be filled by God so that in return you can give Him all the praise.

"Giving Praise is not only done by speech or song --- but it is in full motion when we allow our Hearts to be open and moved by Him so that we can be refueled by His Truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment