Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Jesus Bring the Rain

The rain is rolling in, and that is the most amazing sound ever.  I can hear the thunder rumbling --- and that shouldn't be a comforting feeling, but it is because it just shows me how amazing God is.  I feel like when it rains God is speaking to me.  It reminds me of all the wonderful things He has created with His hands, it allows me to reflect on God's amazingness, and rain always reminds me of all the people I have lost and who are living in Heaven with Jesus.  I think rain is the most calming sound ever and it allows my mind to wonder and think of all the things that are possible in life and the dreams I hope to fulfill with my life.  Rain reminds me (as weird as this might sound) that there is a God who has everything under control & each storm He brings ends with beautiful light.   I am so glad that God is in control of my life and I am not!


Today has been a busy day.  I had a church errand to run at 9:30 am ---which took about an hour, but it was nice to meet people I had never met in my church.  After the errand I headed to the gym.... WOW what a workout.  I pushed myself hard today and honestly it felt good to sweat like a pig!  Once I got finished at the gym and was drenched in sweat, I headed home to make lunch.  I like eating at home, but I like eating at home better when my husband eats with me... it just makes the middle of the day that much better!  I am now watching the Bachelorette and putting off cleaning the house.  I need to start cleaning though because Reagan's dad is going to be in town on Thursday and he is coming for dinner, so my house can definitely not be a mess!  So I guess once I get myself motivated to clean and actually do clean, then I can reward myself with a shower and get ready for our fun night out with Jace and Karlie!  We are going to some yummy restaurant with them tonight, and I can't wait to hangout with them!  I need to get motivated right now.... why do I not want to clean?! --- maybe it's because I feel like cleaning is a never ending job! HAHA. I guess I am off to cleaning now so I can have a fun night :)




"Smile through the Rain because life can only promise to get better once the storm has passed."

No comments:

Post a Comment