Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Thursday, July 1, 2010

Perfect Day :)

So today was just one of those days where I took in every moment of the day.  Today my best friend Hannah and her beautiful baby girl Ava came to Fort Worth for a little visit.  All week long I have been waiting for them to come, and was becoming so anxious for Thursday to get here!  Today Hannah and I relived our TCU college days together and went to our favorite Friday lunch spot--- McKinley's!  We ordered the same thing we always do: half a blast sandwich, add turkey, no bacon, and no lettuce for me with lots of pickles for the both of us!  It was so great to just be with Hannah and our new addition to the traditional lunch, Ava!  It is so nice being married now because Hannah and I are able to talk about everything under the sun... and we do pretty much just that on a daily basis-- nothing is really a secret between us and I LOVE that about her and our friendship.  After we finished our delicious lunch we walked around the little shopping area in Fort Worth.  I love doing this with Hannah, window shopping and browsing.... for all the things we wish we could buy and have! It was so fun having Ava with us today, even though we were both worn out by the end of the day it was so wonderful having her with us... to see what God created and the blessing she has been in both of our lives.  Once we were done with all our shopping we went to go and get Ava her first haircut!  Ava got bangs today and she looks absolutely adorable.  She was so good for the lady who was cutting her hair.  She loved being in the little car and watching Toy Story while she got her hair cut... Obviously Cool Cuts for Kids knows what's best for kids when it comes to cutting their hair --- it was like a huge play room in there, so COOL!
Once the hair cut was done, Hannah and I needed a little break from Ava so we dropped her off with Hannah's mom and sister and we headed to Abuelos for dinner with Reagan.  It was just so nice to have dinner as married adults and talk about life. After dinner we headed back to the Farish Townhouse.  Hannah had not been to our place yet so we gave her the tour, and she loved it--- and it's not even completely decorated so I cannot wait for her to see it when it's all done!  While she was at the house she helped me arrange my cross wall, I definitely need more crosses but it is looking good for a starting point.
I was so sad when today ended... that is how much I treasure Hannah and our friendship.  As soon as she left I wanted her to be back with me!  I love getting to have days like this with her when we do absolutely nothing planned but it feels like we got stuff done and we grew even more in our friendship--- this is what true friendships are all about; doing the simple things in life and loving every minute you are with that special person!




"True friends are hard to come by, so hold them very close to your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment