Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Monday, July 12, 2010

Fun with Friends

This weekend was unplanned fun and I love moments like that!  We just enjoyed good friends, food and wonderful conversations! :)

On Saturday night we went to downtown Dallas to have dinner with Reagan's old roommate Nathaniel and his girlfriend Lindsey.  We went to chili's downtown, because since I have gotten married I have found awesome dinner deals on coupons.com and I had received a free chips and queso for the night.  To say the least our little dinner party was very happy!  After dinner we had wanted to see a movie, but all the movie times were super late and Reagan had to be up early the next morning for work at the church.  So we headed to Starbucks for a little coffee and then we went to the Indie Movie Theatre in Downtown Dallas.  Sadly when we got there the movies for the present time were not any that we were interested in.  So we ended up trying to go to a place where the guys could play pool but when we got there all the pool tables were full!  So we all parted ways and Lindsey and I vowed we would plan the next double date events so that after dinner plans did not fall through.  Our men did the best they could with the last minute plans --- we are proud of their attempts!

On Sunday, we had church and then we came home and had sandwiches for lunch.  A little while after we got home Jace and Karlie stopped by to see what we were up to.  I just love hanging out and talking with those two, they are such a wonderful couple!  We all decided that we would go see a Sunday afternoon movie--- TOY STORY 3 -- if you have not seen it, it is a must- it brings back so many childhood memories!  After the movie we decided we would do a dinner date together back at our house and all cook dinner together!  For dinner we made pizza.  Karlie and Jace made pineapple and Canadian bacon pizza and Reagan and I made half pepperoni and mushroom (Reagan's half) and I made a veggie pizza on my side.  For dessert, Jace made us apple and peach cobbler pie, which was so delicious!!  It was so awesome to make dinner with them, talk about life, and just hang out with each other.  What could be better than good food and good friends --- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

On Sunday night, we met up with Ross and Audra (another beautiful couple we are friends with)!  They are so much fun and we are so glad that we finally got to hang out with them!! We went to Dallas and hung out at this fun restaurant there.  Reagan sang karaoke- my husband is fearless, and we just sat around, talked and listen to other crazy people sing karaoke-- some that were really good others that were not!  We had so much fun just laughing and hanging out with them. All the way home Reagan was telling me how much he cannot wait to hang out with them again--- my husband loves his bro Ross. HAHA.

This morning the house chores are in effect.  The dishwasher has been unloaded, sheets and towels are being washed, and clothes are next.  There is something about washing clothes-- I find it so soothing, weird I know but I don't mind washing and folding clothes!
My goals for today are: do my morning devotional, finish house stuff, have dinner ready by the time Reagan gets home from work (whatever time that is), and go workout with my Hubby!


Oh and on a HAPPY note, Reagan and I have been married for a month --- WOOHOO!  It has been a wonderful month and I can't wait for many more months to come!!! :)  I love my Hubby so so much! 


"The Sun is Shining, my Heart is Smiling."

No comments:

Post a Comment