Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Monday, March 7, 2011

Heaven just got a little bigger

Driving home from work today I received some devastating news that Jillian's sister (Jillian was one of my roommates from the dupe) has passed away.  My heart hurts in so many ways for this beautiful family.  They fought so hard to overcome the things that had attacked Sara's body.  Though, I have to remind myself as I sit here and write this that God thought life would be so much better for her if she spent eternity with Him in Heaven. Sara was so incredibly brave through out her journey and without a doubt I know that she impacted the lives of so many people along the way.  From Sara's incredible journey, I have learned to cherish the gift of life, always tell the ones you love how much you love them, and to take each day one step at a time.  She fought so hard for so many years, and I know now that she is in a place where there is no more pain or suffering and that she is enjoying being in the Kingdom of Heaven.  I ask that you please pray for the Marshall Family (Marc, Sheri, and Jillian) as they walk through the next days, weeks and months and that the Lord will give them strength and that they will turn to Him and each other through their times of need.  I also ask that you pray for the girls who live in the dupe with Jillian now (Lindsey, Katelyn and Christina).  Give these girls wisdom and the words to say to comfort Jillian, give them strength to make it through these next couple of days, opportunities to cry together, and the strength to pour all their love out to Jillian.  God I pray that through this situation we can all see how fragile life is and that we will cherish each day as if it is our last...and we will take steps forward in mending things that have been broken so that we can live life to the fullest with those we love.  Life is such a beautiful precious gift and I pray that we all live life to the fullest.

I will leave you with this sweet picture of the Marshall Girls.  Sara is on the left, their mom is in the center, Jillian is to the right and Mr. Marshall must have been taking the picture.  Please pray for this precious family, they need all the prayers they can get and need to feel the comfort of prayer right now more than ever.

"Be still, and know that I am God" --Psalm 46:10


No comments:

Post a Comment