Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My engine is running low

So this week has been crazy busy to say the least-- I have had so many tests and so many things due. Thank goodness I have my last test of the week tomorrow and then I get a little break and have to study for another one this weekend that I have on Monday... the madness never ends! On top of all I have going on,  Reagan has been super busy with all his stuff; I feel like we have hardly seen each other this week.  I thought getting married meant we would get to see each other all the time... I was so wrong!  We are so busy it is difficult just to find time to sit and listen how his day went.  In the weeks to come both Reagan and I need things to slow down a little bit so that we do not feel like we are being pulled so many different directions.  Honestly, my prayer is that in the near future we get a weekend just for each other and nothing else... no school distractions, ministry stuff, Carmax, or anything-- I just need that time with my husband to love on him and enjoy his company.

On a heavy heart note, I was reading my friends blog today (tcpreciousmoments.blogspot.com) and I came across a link to a family's blog that is in need of prayer.  I clicked on the link to see how I could pray for them and my heart immediately sank.  I was sitting in class and tears began to make my eyes all blurry.  What I read is that this sweet family's 5 year old daughter, Lucy has multiple tumors in her brain and one on her spine.  She has been through surgery to try and remove the tumors but not all were able to be removed, and soon she will start chemotherapy and radiation... my heart was hurting so bad as I read every blog entry the mom had posted.  All the way home from my night class tonight I thought about that family and how their world has been turned upside down, and the tears just began to roll down my face.  I do not even know this family but what I do know is that sweet Lucy needs all the prayers she can get, and her family needs prayers and strength to make it through this difficult time in their life.  So I ask all of you who read my blog, please go look under my favorite blogs I read and click on the link, Praying for Sweet Lucy.  It will lead you to this family's blog where you can read how this family needs to be prayed for.  My prayer for them is that they can feel the presence of God in their life more than ever before and that Lucy knows God is taking each day with her one step at a time.

Well I am off to put a load of the hubby's laundry in the dryer and then more studying... I seriously need a break...exhaustion feels as if it may set in sooner than I need it to. I hope everyone has a wonderful night :)

"God you are my strength, and in times of hardships, chaos and stress I turn to You in prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment