Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Patiently Waiting

I am still anxiously and patiently waiting to hear if I got the job with Gladney.  The deadline was pushed to this Friday, but then I got an email tonight saying that they still had a couple more canidates to interview and the email really did not give me any specifics as to when I would hear back if I got the job of not.  This is so hard for me to do.... I am terrible at the waiting game!  In my mind, since I have been waiting I keep questioning if I said the right things, or if they really saw my passion.... I have had to STOP myself because these doubting and worrying thoughts are from SATAN not God.  When I walked out of that interview, like I said before, I had a calm confidence about me that I did my best and that God really spoke through me and my life, so I need to cling to the fact that at the end of the day I did my absolute best.

Even though I know I did the best I could it is so hard waiting for them to get back to me with an answer--- GOSH, I WANT THE JOB SO BAD!!  I have decided to continue sending my resume to other places I am interested in and see what happens.  All those who have been praying for me continue to tell me that it is all in God's timing (which I know) and that God may be using this circumstance to teach me a little more patience.  If so, I am definitely learning more and more about how to truthfully be patient, but seriously... I want this Oh so Bad!!  More than anything from this experience I am learning that it is hard to be patient for something you want more than anything (seriously this would be such a dream come true if my first job was working for Gladney Adoption Agency)!!  But I am learning that I need to continue patiently waiting and casting my cares upon the Lord for He is the one who knows my every thought.

So in the next couple of days and weeks, please pray that God's will for my life is revealed and that He places me where I need to be and opens doors for me!

I wanted to share some thoughts that a sweet, Godly friend of mine sent me.  She is filled with so much wisdom... Love this lady bunches, and I am definitely seeing all the reasons why God knew I needed her in my life!

Here is the sweet encouragement from my amazing friend:
"I know that all you want is Gods will in your life. That is where you will find perfect peace. So, in His will there is no place for worry, only wisdom and discernment as you wait each day and take each step forward. I know how badly you want this job, you'll get it if that is what God wants for your life. In that you can rest. Even through next week if you have to! You are amazing in your work with children and have so much to offer your future career. Gladney would be absolutely crazy to let you go!! I pray that you remain in Gods will so you can open up His treasure box of blessings each day!"

I needed to hear these words last night.  I needed to be reminded that God is on my side and that what ever is best for my life that is where He will send me, because He only wants what is best for me.  My God is such an incredible loving God and He knows where I need to be so that I can live out the passions He has placed in my life... I find rest knowing that He has my life in His hands.


"I'm leaving you with a gift: peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give isn't fragile like the peace the world gives. So, don't be troubled or afraid." -- John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment