Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Saturday, March 19, 2011

A night of celebrating!

So last night was our sweet friends Nathanial and Lindsey's wedding!  It was such a beautiful occasion and they are such a perfect couple together! During their ceremony, my mind kept replaying the night of our wedding and it was such a beautiful thing!  I love sitting at weddings and listening to the bride and groom give themselves to one another, it is absolutely beautiful!  During the ceremony right before the beautiful bride walked down the isle, I had to turn and look at Nathanial.  I do not know why I do this at every wedding but I wanted to capture his expression when he saw Lindsey for the first time.  It was so wonderful-- he had this great big smile on his face and tears were welled up in his eyes.  The expression of the groom is always the first thing I look for, and then I look at the bride walking down the isle with her dad... that my friends is such a special moment.  I remember when my dad walked me down the isle and there are so many emotions in that one moment-- you are so happy to see your future hubby at the end of the isle but you also have this feeling that you have grown up and your dad is giving you away to the next man who will take care of you for the rest of your life.  Lindsey was glowing as her dad walked her down last night-- she was absolutely stunning and you could tell how excited and happy she was... it was written all over her face!  Oh gosh I cannot tell you how much I love weddings and how blessed I felt last night to be a part of such a special evening for these two... it was so so wonderful!!

After the ceremony we had such a great time at the reception eating delicious food and dancing the night away.  Half way through the reception though Reagan and I grabbed Nathanial and asked him he had remembered to get the essential things (we had previously told him about) for their first night together as a married couple (candles, bubble bath, rose petals... etc).  His face was completely blank and he was like "OHMYGOSH NO"... so Reagan and I just smiled and told him not to worry about it and that we would handle it.  So off we went to Target to get the essentials for our sweet friends... we have learned the little things like this on your first night together as a married couple makes it so so special and we definitely wanted that for this beautiful couple.  So after we got what we needed (Target is such a life saver!!) we headed back to the reception, had some cake, a little more dancing, and then we sent the beautiful couple on their way to their honeymoon destination with bubbles!  It was such a great night and we were so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful occasion, these two people are such a beautiful representation of what God has done, is doing and will do in their lives!  We love you both so so much!

Here is a picture of the beautiful bride and groom... wish our camera would not have died so early in the night and I would not have had to take this picture with my iPhone!  Luckily I got some great pics during the ceremony :)

Here is me and my sweet and handsome hubby.  This was right before the wedding started-- had to grab a quick picture with Reagan since he was in the wedding and I promised myself that I would get at least one picture of us together from the night! :)

Well off to finish some homework, pick up the house and decide what is for dinner tonight!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday-- it is so beautiful out!


"The entering into marriage is such a beautiful covenant."

No comments:

Post a Comment