Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The waiting game...

Waiting for things I really want in life is very hard for me to do sometimes... well OK, A LOT of the time.  I just keep replaying my interview from Tuesday over and over in my head.  I am still confident that I did my absolute best and am praying that God gives them the wisdom they need to pick me for the position.  Honestly, this job with Gladney would be my dream job.  I would be living out my passion for children and families each day and that makes me so incredibly excited.  I really feel in my heart that this job would provide me with so many opportunities to show the love of God and that makes me so excited; because I feel more than ever that these children and families will need me to pour the love of God into them.  I want this so bad, but more than anything I want this job so that I am able to further my calling in life that God has given me.  Though, as I have been praying I have told God, "if this is not your will for my life, please open another door that furthers my life calling."  My prayer is that God knows this is where I need to be for my first job and that at Gladney I would further His kingdom in so many ways.  I hope God sees how I am longing and waiting for Him to release me to this job so that I can do work for His kingdom through my passion.  Lord, I pray that in the days to come you allow me to continue to be patient, confident in the work I did on Tuesday during my interview, and continually have a gentle reminder that You work all things for my good... thank you for being such an incredible and loving God!

So friends and family, I am waiting and trying to be so patient as I wait.  I ask that you please partner with me in prayer and pray for the staff members in which I interviewed with and that their hearts would be open and confident that I am the best candidate for this position.  I also pray that whatever news I find out that I would thank God for the situation and remember that He is holding my life in His hands.  Waiting is such a hard thing to do, but I am so glad to have the comfort of my God as I anxiously await to hear the news!

Well off to more studying (hopefully I am not up until 2:30 am yet again-- it all began this Sunday night, this WILL NOT become a routine!!)-- stress is overwhelming me (with 3 tests, a big project due next week, and life stuff) and I feel it will continue to consume my emotions until next Wednesday at 5:00pm... which I do not want to be consumed, I want to release this worry and fear... but I have had a very difficult time doing that!  So, please pray that I have strength to endure all the trials and hurdles I have to jump through and overcome, and that I will allow God to give me the peace I need in the week to come.

"God you are my strength and refuge... help me to rely on You through all things."

No comments:

Post a Comment