Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Sunday, March 13, 2011

Surrounded by family

After the crazy past week I had with being sick and so much going on at school, being in San Antonio with my family these past 2 days has been what I have needed for so long.  Even though my family's house is very loud, there is so much always going on, and someone always needing something-- the laughs and hugs that they have given me these past two days have filled my heart so much.  I must admit though I miss my husband so much, and I miss not being able to make memories with the youth while on mission trip.  Though, I must say with getting as sick as I did this past week and being on my third antibiotic right now (UGHH!) and still gaining my full energy back I think God was trying to tell me I needed a break from everything.  Seriously, I am the worst at giving myself a break... and I think it finally took me getting this sick to be able to slow down and say "No" to things and take time for myself.  It is incredible to me to know that God knew I needed this time with my family way before I did, and that mission trip would survive without my presence.  I am so glad that God is in charge of my life and I am not-- because when I try to run my life I always end up being spread too thin and exhausted.
I must say though, I am very anxious to see my husband on Thursday and I am hoping by then that I have all my energy back so that we can enjoy Nathaniel and Lindsey's wedding festivities on Thursday and Friday!! Well I am off to hang out with my little brother and dad-- so wonderful to be able to spend time with them, I miss these two handsome guys so much :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Spring Break and stays safe!!!

"Home to me will always be the place where I am surrounded by the love and laughter of my family."

No comments:

Post a Comment