Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Saturday, February 12, 2011

Humbled

This morning I woke up with a hundred things on my mind... but one that kept pushing to the forefront of my mind was that I needed to start my day off right.  So I read my devotion for this morning and then I headed to the gym.  While at the gym, God kept bringing sweet friends into my mind-- at first I was like maybe I need to text them a word of encouragement for the day but God kept laying them on my heart.  So I decided to pray for them, I did not know what I needed to pray for exactly but I knew they needed prayer.  Praying on the elliptical this morning made those 30 minutes go by so fast but it made my heart also feel so good.  It is moments like these when I have 50 other things going through my head that God weighs so heavy on my heart and has other plans for how my mind should be thinking.  Moments like I had this morning I stand in awe at how amazing God is and I am truly humbled by the love He has given me to pour out to my friends, my husband and to my family.  I am learning that each day is a journey that is not always going to go my way, and for once I am learning to be okay with that and allow God to really show me what needs to happen and what really should be important in my life.  God's grace definitely humbles me time and time again and for that I am so thankful that He gently reminds me about the beautiful things in life and the things that truly matter and deserve focus in my life.

Also, last night's date night was absolutely wonderful.  We ended up going to Cheese Cake Factory which was delicious and I have been wanting to go there for some time, and then we went and saw the new movie Just Go With It with Jennifer Anniston and Adam Sandler-- definitely a must see... it was hilarious and we will definitely be purchasing it once it comes out on DVD.  I loved last night so much, just being able to be with my husband and spend time with him and talk about everything under the sun.  It definitely made for the best first Valentine's date together as a married couple :)

Tonight, we will be attending our church Valentine's dinner for couples.  Reagan and I are excited to go to spend time with so many of the sweet couples we have become such good friends with.  I love these nights where we get to love on other couples and enjoy their company-- such a good time!  I will definitely post the one picture from last night (since we forgot the camera in the car) and pictures that we take tonight! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday night and is thankful for the blessings they have in their life.  I am off to get ready for the event and wait for my handsome hubby to get home!

"Lord thank you for showing me where my mind and heart needed to be this morning, I am humbled by your direction for my life and how much you love me."

No comments:

Post a Comment