Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Playing Catch Up & Being Productive

So yet again God has given us beautiful snow and ice which means no school or work.  I am using this day as a catch up day, and that is greatly needed in my life right now.  This week has been so crazy busy with so many unexpected things that I am very grateful I have this break in the middle of the week to get ready for my big test tomorrow and just process through life. 
I received some great advice from a friend on my blog the other day... she said marriage comes with arguments but how you work through them is what makes you stronger. I needed to hear this, because once Reagan and I were able to process through the decisions we needed to make to be able to move forward Satan just got shoved out of the way.  We each had to humble ourselves and say ok this is how I feel and this is my heart.  Knowing each others hearts made it so much easier to move forward because in the end, our hearts wanted the same thing it was just not being spoken in the same way.  Crazy how sometimes you get to the end of an argument and you were agreeing with each other all along... this is definitely part of the learning process in our marriage!  Though, I am grateful for arguments like these to where we can learn to better humble ourselves, move forward together and grow in our marriage--- being able to do this creates a foundation for a marriage that is strong.  So thank goodness God gives us so much grace, because our marriage is not perfect and there are definitely things we have to work through the hard way to better understand how to be a married team!  I am so grateful for the difficult lessons God teaches me because it is helping me to be a better wife each day.

Well since this day is all about getting things done I must start my to do list so that I can be super productive today and be prepared for this test tomorrow!  I hope everyone stays warm-- it is Freezing outside, way too cold for Texas!

"For this is the day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,
    I am so happy you were able to work as a team...you go!!! Praise God that He shows up in even arguements. I am so proud of you!!!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete