Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Little Cuties

So an update from last night before I talk about my little pre-k cuties from church.  We did not end up getting to go to the church Valentine's dinner.  One of the kids in our youth was in a very bad car accident and was airlifted to the trauma hospital in Ft. Worth.  So as soon as we found out the news we rushed over to the hospital.  Me being totally human right now, and a youth pastors wife I was bummed last night when I found out we were not going to the party.  I wanted to be with all our couple friends from church and have a good time.  Though, God taught me such an important lesson last night as I waited with the three families at the hospital, they needed me there more than I needed to be at that party.  They needed me to be there and pray with them, give them hugs, and reassure them that we were there for them.  Walking away from last night I saw in so many ways how God used me and I had to repent for my selfish ways of wanting to be at the party at first... it was only human I know but I am so glad I allowed God to fulfill His purpose through me last night.  I am learning that being a youth pastors wife is so difficult at times but also so humbling and I would not trade any moment of last night being there with those families and loving on them and praying with them, that is what I love most about this ministry that my husband and I are doing together.
We found out today that one of the boys broke his jaw and all the bones in his face... so they are trying to figure out what will be best in the healing process for him.  Nolan, the boy in our youth group has several stitches in his head and arm, has fluid in his pelvis and air trapped in one of his lungs so they are still monitoring him and keeping him for another night to keep a close watch on him.  The other boy that was in the backseat without his seat belt on is still in the ICU today but they have finally removed his breathing tube and he is breathing on his own.  They are still monitoring him for internal injuries and are not sure when he will get to leave.  Reagan and I will be going up there again tonight to just visit and see if they need anything, so I will post updates so you all will know how to pray.  Please keep praying for these families and for their sons recoveries.

On a happy note, I am in love with my pre-k class at church.  They make my heart smile and make me want to be a mommy so bad... I know my time will come and I am so excited for whenever God blesses our family in that way.  So today in class we learned about allowing God to help us see what are the right choices we should make for our life.  I got some adorable class pictures of all the kids and teachers in their glasses.  The kids thought it was awesome that me and one of the other teachers, Kristine wore glasses with them.  I dunno about Kristine but I had a blast sporting the glasses and laughing with the kids.  Here are a few pictures from today, absolutely love these cuties:


Here is my cute pre-k class sporting their glasses!

Me and one of the other lead teachers, Kristine-- We look so HOTT in these glasses! LOL :)

Me and one of my little love bugs from my pre-k class :)

These sweet kids definitely brighten my Sunday's and it is incredible to hear all that they are learning about God, makes my heart so so happy!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday with family... Reagan and I are off to our couples Bible Study!

"Thank you God for the blessings you have given me in my life, remind me to praise and thank You for them daily!"

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Email me the pictures so I can add it to my weekend wrap up blog post Ashto!

    The boys and their families will be in my prayers! My heart goes out to them.

    ReplyDelete