Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Sunday, February 27, 2011

I am the Church... I am ALL in

So today, our pastor Paul delivered an incredible message... one that brought me to tears and pretty much everyone around me.  He really got up there today and shared his heart and his mission for the church and it was incredible to hear his passion and to feel the Spirit working in our church.  Being a staff wife to the youth pastor makes it difficult at times to lose sight of making me healthy because I am so worried about fixing the problems of others.  Though, I am learning that I need to be as healthy as I can spiritually so that I can help our youth fight the problems that they endure in life. 
I write this blog tonight with a heavy heart.  Even though today at church was incredible and reminded me what the fight is all about-- to share the word of God with those around me, my heart broke because I know how much Satan is at work with our church staff family and our church.  I sat there today the tears pouring down my face knowing that I am ALL IN for the mission God has called Reagan and I on but also knowing that God never said this mission was going to be easy and I am seeing the painful side of being in ministry.  When those who belong to the Kingdom of God are furthering the Kingdom, that makes Satan so mad and he attacks hard.  Each member on our staff family crossed through my mind this morning as Paul talked and I asked God to give them an extra measure of strength to continue to fight the battle.  My prayer is that God will allow our staff family to become even closer through the trials we are having to walk through with so many families.  Though, even though ministry does have its downfalls and days where you want to throw in the towel, there is so much to be thankful for... for example, this morning our pastor challenged us as a congregation to step across the line and to be ALL IN for Christ-- to surrender all to the King of Kings.  It was incredible to see how many individuals, couples, and families went up to the stage and prayed that they were ALL IN.  This was an incredible and tearful moment for me because God gently reminded me that I am not alone in this fight against Satan... that I not only have Him as my protection but my church family who has claimed it all for Christ.  My heart is that each person who reads this blog today will evaluate their life and see which part of their life they are holding back from God that is not allowing them to be all in for the greater good of His Kingdom; remember you have nothing to lose when you fight on the team of God but so many lives to bring to the Kingdom for eternity.  Allow yourself to be open to allow God to use you in mighty ways.  I also ask that each time this blog comes to your mind that you would pray for our church staff family as we walk through each day with families and kids and that we would be given amazing insight from God about how better to help them in their journey.  Pray that God prevails in all situations and that as TCAL (our church abbreviated) we are a shining light of people who represent our church in a positive and influential way!

"God help me to live out the mission of my life."

Ps: to listen to our sermon from today... go to itunes and type in The Community at Lakeridge podcasts... and find today's date.  It is powerful and definitely a great reminder of why God placed us here on earth... do not go another day without living out your mission for Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment