Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Thursday, February 17, 2011

Prayer is a Powerful Thing

I feel like lately I have been in constant prayer for things that are happening around me that are out of my control.  I have found that the only way to calm my anxious and heavy heart is to go to God in prayer, because He knows all things, and how to work things for His good. Last night as I laid in bed with Reagan I prayed for every single thing that was heavy on my heart, it felt like my list kept going on and on.  Though, the most comforting thing for me last night was that God was attentively listening to my every prayer and the more I kept praying, the more He calmed my heart and allowed my mind to slow down and fall asleep with my husbands loving arms wrapped around me.  I will not say I slept perfect last night, I was definitely restless--- but I woke up this morning knowing that God is bigger than any problem and He will take care of all of those who are hurting... and that was definitely the comfort that I needed this morning.  All throughout today I have found myself stopping in prayer because when my mind starts to go in tons of different directions it is calming to give it God and let Him handle my fears.  I am so grateful for the mercies of my God and the peace He can give me that surpasses all things.

"Prayer is the is the most beautiful gift God has given us when we are in need of comfort."

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya! I spend most of my days at work in prayer or thinking about how blessed I am... I think alot of us in our little group are experiencing some rough patches... Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete