Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Trying My Best

So lately I have found myself doubting if my best is good enough in a lot of areas of life.  For those of you who know me I am a perfectionist in all areas of life, super OCD, and like things to be in order.  Well lately I just feel like my best has not been enough.  It is like I need more time in the day to actually feel good about all that I was able to accomplish during the day.  I feel like there is so much more I could do to be a better wife, a friend, and daughter.  I just find myself lately coming up short and feeling too tired to push myself like I once would do.  I blame this partially on life being so busy lately, overloaded with finishing school, and stressing about finding the perfect job for me once I graduate.  Though, as I read my devotion this morning I feel as if maybe God is telling me that right now trying my best in life is just enough-- that perfection is not attainable and I need to give myself a break sometimes.  I do not really know what God is really trying to teach me through this season of my life but I am trying my best to understand Him and learn from these experiences.  One thing I have learned is that lowering my expectations for people and life makes things so much better-- I once held my expectations too high and I found myself continually disappointed in myself and others... and that my friends was just way too unhealthy!  So I am learning-- this first year of marriage is teaching me so much I never thought I needed to work on or learn from... boy was I wrong and God has definitely let me know that in gentle ways.  I am grateful that God has been so graceful and persistent in teaching me the lessons I need to learn in my life at this time.  So just food for thought--- remember perfection is not worth stressing about to obtain, because no one is perfect in life and be happy with your faults-- they are beautiful!

"Life is full of faults, and just now I am learning how to embrace my faults daily."

No comments:

Post a Comment