Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Our Adventure Outside!

Well here at the Farish house, the snow has kept us bundled inside yet again.  We both enjoyed sleeping in this morning and making yummy panini's for lunch!  After lunch, Reagan was getting antsy and wanted to go outside. As I said yesterday, we tried to venture out last night but we only made it to the front of our complex because it was so so cold outside!  Though today, we bundled up even more and we decided we were going to make the trek to the Target in front of our complex so that we could get some sugar free dark hot chocolate-- yummy.  I know it does not sound the best but it is actually really good and since it is sugar free, dark chocolate, and less than 12 ounces I do not have to count it as a cheat for the challenge... or at least I do not think it is a cheat.  Well we definitely did get our hot chocolate, but we also ended up with egg nogg ice cream for Reagan, frozen sugar free yogurt for me (please don't be a cheat because the raspberry yogurt actually looks good), and sugar free orange cranberry muffins.  If you can tell we are on a sugar free kick at our house, because I told Reagan while I am doing this challenge he is not allowed to endure fried foods or sugar around me.  He has been a good sport about it, other than forgetting the other night and ate a whole bag of almond m&ms in front of me... it was hard to refrain but I definitely did!  So now we are sipping on our hot coco, about to do some homework, and then make grilled salmon and garlic new potatoes and green beans for dinner--- YUMMM!  I hope everyone is staying warm on this icy day, and is enjoying time at home with the family!  Stay warm and bundled and enjoy all this snuggling time with the ones you love :)

As you can tell we are super cold, but excited for our hot coco--- the wind chill here makes it only about 5 degrees outside, BRR!

"God thank you so much for this time at home-- it has been a blessing getting to laugh and have quality time with my husband.  I am so so grateful!"

2 comments:

  1. CUTE picture!! So...wondering if you live kind of by me =) I'll ask you at church on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it has been an absolute joy to be locked up in our home with you. I enjoy spending time with you.

    ReplyDelete